Saturday, October 6, 2012

Checking Out Downtown Galway, Ireland

Bap Bread
I finally was able to go to downtown Galway today - after visiting Spencer and a very long nap!  I went to find lunch and there is a street lined with restaurants and shops.  I found a bakery that had sandwiches and so I walked in and it was warm, crowded, and friendly.  I had a bread called bap.  I had no idea what that was, so I thought I'd try it. This is bap bread and turkey and cranberry sandwich.


Downtown Galway, Ireland


There are a lot of shops and restaurants on one road and the road turns and there are a lot of vendors and food carts on the other road.  There were lots of people and shops!  
 

I had to take a picture because of the funny name!

There is a beautiful cathedral in between the city center and the hospital.  I love going inside the cathedrals, there are works of art and amazing architecture, not to mention inspiring worshipers and prayers happening.



This was the river next to the cathedral.  Very beautiful!



I was trying to find the hospital when I was done walking around, so I asked a person for directions.  He told me which direction and then said, "5... no... 10 minutes walk."  I thought that someone was going to say something other than 10 minutes, but I think it's the law to say that it's 10 minutes away.  :)  I found it easily and I am happy to say that Spencer is doing very well, I think that his stay will be very short hopefully!





No comments:

Post a Comment