Friday, August 28, 2015

New Friends and Places to Go - Woo hoo!


I Made New Friends!
These are my new friends Bianca and Corina.  They are from church and about 20 years younger than I am.  They are super cute and fun girls.  This is Corina's house and I love the ceiling!  Such cool architecture in her apartment and building.  I tried to capture it, but it's almost impossible!  Ugh!  I got to visit them on Tuesday - Bianca invited me over when I told her I was lonely!  :)  So cute!








This maybe capture a little bit of the charm, if you look closely!  Anyway, trust me, it was cute and very German!

I Made Dinner!
So, if you know me, I'm not that big on cooking.  I asked my friend Karma how I can help her since she is going through a hard time.  She is also from church and works at the same school I do.  She asked if I liked to cook and I said I didn't but I would do it anyway.  She said she didn't like to cook either!  HA!  So, I cooked and it actually turned out better than I thought it would!  Thank heaven for the internet, great recipes, and a bit of luck!  I got to visit her and her family at her beautiful house on Thursday.



School - Good and Not so Good.
People at school are super nice!  One guy offered to show me where the 2nd hand store was!  I realized that I didn't pack as many clothes as I thought I did (I am not sure if I had that many in the first place).   
Today (Friday), I went to have "drinks" after the school meeting today.  Drinks for me consists of fruity drinks like Fanta.  I did discover though that there is a multitude of fruity drinks here.  Today, I'm not sure, but I think I had rhubarb and apple drink.  It was great just to socialize for a couple of hours with other people!

Not so good?  Well.... one of the girls in my technology class said, "Ms. Trent are we going to learn anything in this class? (We had already done 3 different projects on Digital Citizenship.  Animoto, Voki, and Tagxedo)  Last year's teacher made us take notes.  Are we going to have tests in this class?"  This was one of my favorite classes and I hated that she didn't think she was learning anything.  So, I told my friend Karma while I was cooking dinner about this experience and she said that I should give them a test and tell everyone that it was her idea.  So, today, they walked into class, I said, So... somebody said they weren't learning anything, here is a test, let's see if that is true.  The girl that made the comment asked if it would count and I said, you bet it will.  Let's just say, I had a very quiet class today.  At the bottom of another girl's test she said, "I have enjoyed your class and I have learned a lot!"  Things teachers have to do at the beginning of the year to set a line through the sand!  UGH!  I had so much fun with that class!  I hope it can still be fun!

Weather in Ulm
So far:  Week 1:  HOT!!!!  Week 2:  Fall weather, had to wear a jacket in the mornings  Week 3: Warm, with a HOT weekend.  Next week:  Fall weather again.  It's kind of odd that the weather stays consistent for several days.  NC weather tends to have mood swings.  If it rains here, it rains for a few days.  At least this is my observation from a newbie who doesn't know better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment