Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Technology Job

Sometimes I can't sleep because I am thinking about everything I need to get finished and I didn't and still don't have time to finish it.  I chatted with a former co-worker who is still at McGee's.  She said that she never realized how many things I did for that school.  I told her that I knew that I did a lot of extra things for the school! 

Now, at my new school it seems that I can't catch up with the old stuff before new things are added to my list.  The poor website is sorely needing attention, there are so many computer websites that need me to add, delete, or replace old and new users.  Some teachers are having major problems with their printers and I don't have time to help them!  Did I mention that I teach 6 classes a day?

My wonderful new principal (my old principal was also wonderful) told me today that I may be getting a part-time TA!  Wow!  My dreams are coming true!  I am going to be teaching part-time and working with teachers part-time!  Yeah!!

I have got to go to sleep because I have to present an internet safety initiative to teachers tomorrow morning and then teach all day long!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear about the TA. Also, do you ever find that some teachers feel they are the victims of abusive relationships with their technology? I've found that teachers seem to get especially exasperated when things go wrong with technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! If teachers run into a problem the first time they try to use a tool, they are less likely to use it in the future.

      Delete